Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

It seems to me that there are times when I look upon something & someone & I may see one thing, but as time passes a completely different reality emerges.

In the case of a thing, maybe in the light of day, that thing I might have simply loved is in actuality something I can do completely without.  In the case of a someone, the evolution of who I thought that person was (or how I wanted him/her to be) is simply not true.  I am fortunate to have folks in my life that will point out that I am wearing rose-colored glasses & maybe they should come off, so I can see life & people for what & who they are.

Those realizations, while at times very painful, are what mold our lives & selves.

I absolutely hate & dread the moments when the rose-colored glasses come off.  The "ignorance is bliss" state of mind...is that, a blissful state.  But while in the moment I hurt (a lot...especially right now), I am a better person when I see life & people in the clarity of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment