I love the rain, really I do. It cleans the air, streets, plants, & houses. I love to watch it fall to the ground & the sound it makes when it hits the house. But weather systems also bring migraines to me. The changing barometric levels cause my migraines. So, I'm a great indicator of changing weather patterns....just ask my husband. I don't get the "I've got a migraine & I need to lie down for a while" type. But instead the kind that cause me to stutter, to act spacey, lose my balance & stay for days on end. And typical methods of getting rid of migraines which everyone else use, don't work for me.
This might sound strange, but if I have to have a migraine...I want one with simple pain. So, I can function in my life. I absolutely hate migraines that make me dizzy, spacey & off balance. I hate being unable to concentrate on simple tasks, like reading emails, data entry for the construction company or speaking with confidence to our clients. And when I walk down the hall in my house, I can't remember what I was doing for longer than 2 minutes....it really sucks.
When my head hurts, like today, I absolutely dread answering the phone. All I can think about is: "Don't stutter, don't slur your words, write EVERYTHING down & you should be alright." It is days like today that all I can think about it being a hermit, shutting the shades, turning the tv on & waiting for the migraine to leave.
But I've learned (its been 16 years since my accident) that these migraines, while sucky & painful, will pass & I will be alright in the long run. It is just getting through the next few hours (or days depending on the weather) that is the bummer. And really in the big scheme of things....they aren't so bad, since they do eventually go away. It is just like I tell the girls: "Everyone has something wrong with them, no one is perfect. It is how we handle our problems that makes us who we are."
No comments:
Post a Comment